Redhill and Reigate Marlins Swimming Club was established in 1920 as a Ladies only club, which met twice a week a t the old Reigate Baths on Bancroft Road, which was located near where the liberary currently stands.
In 1984 Donyngs Leisure Centre was built in Redhill and the club moved there and changed to swimming once a week on a Monday and the meeting was split into two sessions as we do now.
The club then started to accept boys we well from the age of 6. The club began to swim competitive Galas but due to lack of interest from the members this was phased out in 2011.
Marlins has a had a rich history of successes due in no small part to the volunteers it has had throughout its history.
Marlins Swimming Club seeks to promote swimming amongst young adults in Redhill and Reigate and the surrounding area, by offering the best possible coaching in a friendly, enjoyable, affordable and high-achieving environment.
• To offer opportunities for all members to develop their skills and abilities
• To provide a pleasurable and successful learning environment which promotes the development of each swimmer to his/her own desired potential
• To promote swimming as opportunities for group participation and friendship
• To promote competitive swimming as 'sports for all' with no restrictions as to gender, ability or race for participation.
• To promote the enjoyment of swimming as a healthy sport and as a 'skill for life'
• To provide opportunities to take part in competitions should they wish to.
• To promote an atmosphere of responsibility and team commitment in which club members have a healthy respect for themselves, their fellow members, coaches and the club as a whole.
• To develop a strong sense of sportsmanship which deals equally with success and disappointment
• To develop a positive attitude and a strong work ethic which emphasises the values of determination, discipline, hard work and perseverance in achieving success.
• To provide leadership and positive role models to younger swimmers.
• To provide a professional quality coaching programme for all ages and abilities.
• To develop a base for conditioning and competence in all strokes
• To review and improve the program every year
And finally, to develop mutual understanding amongst parents, coaches and swimmers on the need for co-operation, self-motivation, respect and team spirit in the pursuit of excellence.